Thank God, University of Medan Area (UMA) Achieved GreenMetric ranking at national level 25 and International ranking 472. Medan Area University & nbsp; is the only PTS that gets Greenmetric Ranking.
University of Medan Area (UMA) has a high commitment in managing the campus environment to become an environmentally friendly campus. Medan Area University is the only PTS in North Sumatra that has a conservation forest. Besides that, UMA has obtained the Bestari campus certificate and the UI GreenMetric certificate, this shows that UMA has a high awareness in environmental management.
To realize the step as a green campus, and also as a pilot environmentally friendly campus UMA has implemented a variety of concrete actions. One of them makes energy savings in the form of replacing electric lights with LED lights.
UI GreenMetric is a program that assesses the University based on the University’s commitment and actions towards greening and environmental sustainability.
The indications for the UI GreenMetric assessment are:
- Land and Infrastructure Arrangements, information on land and University infrastructure arrangements will provide basic information regarding the University’s consideration towards a green environment
- Energy and Climate Change, the University’s attention to the problem of energy use and climate change are indicators that are given a high percentage.
- Waste, waste management and recycling activities have a big factor in a green environment.
- Water, an indicator of water use at the University, aims to enable the University to reduce water use, add water conservation programs, and others.
- Transportation, transportation indicators assess the University’s regulations relating to transportation, such as restrictions on motor vehicles, the use of buses and bicycles at the University to encourage a healthier environment.
- Education, this indicator is more focused on the various efforts of the University in creating a new generation that is more concerned about environmental sustainability.